How to apply for a primary school place
Size: 70.89 KB File format: pdf
Size: 49.29 KB File format: pdf
Size: 45.38 KB File format: pdf
A list of Cambridgeshire schools with places remaining, following the initial round of school place allocations on 18 April 2017, for September 2017.
Size: 39.88 KB File format: pdf
Size: 67.90 KB File format: pdf
Size: 49.30 KB File format: pdf
Size: 41.30 KB File format: pdf
A list of Cambridgeshire schools with places remaining, following the second round of school place allocations on 19 May 2017, for September 2017.
Size: 39.43 KB File format: pdf
Online applications closed on the national closing date of 15 January 2017. Late applications may only be made on paper and fully completed applications received between 16 January 2017 and 2 May 2017 will be processed on 19 May 2017.
If your child was born between 1 September 2012 and 31 August 2013, they are due to transfer to primary school in September 2017 and you must have applied for a school place by 15 January 2017. Please note there is no automatic transfer from nursery to Reception. Applications must be made in all cases.
Please note that 2 new schools are opening for September 2017:
- Trumpington Park Primary School**
- Pathfinder School
**If you wish to apply for this school and any of your other preferred schools, you will need to apply using a paper application form.
Year 3 - Transfer to Junior School
If your child was born between 1 September 2009 and 31 August 2010, they are due to transfer to Junior School in September 2017 especially if they are attending an infant school. Please note that you will only be able to apply for Junior schools in the Junior transfer group. If you wish to apply for a place in Year 3 in a Primary School for September 2017, this must be made through the in-year admissions process.
Year 5 - Transfer to Middle School
If your child was born between 1 September 2007 and 31 August 2008, they are due to transfer to Middle School in September 2017 especially if they are attending a First School. Please note that you will only be able to apply for Middle schools in the Middle transfer group. If you wish to apply for a place in Year 5 in a Primary School for September 2017, this must be made through the in-year admissions process.
16 November 2016 to 15 January 2017
- Read the First Steps booklet and the addendum. This booklet guides you through the process and explains how places are allocated if there are more applications received than places available.
- Apply for a place online (opens Wednesday 16 November 2016) using the link at the top of the page. You can also apply by using a paper application form.
A booklet for parents / carers of children who are due to start primary school for the first time or for those who are transferring to junior or middle school.
Size: 4.84 MB File format: pdf
15 January 2017 - Deadline for applications
- All online applications must be completed by 11.59pm on Sunday 15 January 2017.
- All paper applications posted prior to the deadline must be received at the Admissions office by noon on Monday 16 January 2017.
- If you apply after this time your application will not be considered until the second round of allocations on Friday 19 May 2017.
January to April 2017
- The Admissions Team will liaise with schools and other authorities to make sure that, where possible, parents receive a single offer for the highest preference school which is able to offer a place.
18 April 2017 - Offer date
- Letters are posted second class to all parents who applied on time by Sunday 15 January 2017. Email notifications are also sent out to those who applied online and requested confirmation by email.
19 April to 2 May 2017
- Places declined by parents are re-allocated to children currently waiting on the school reserve lists.
15 May 2017 - Appeal deadline
- Deadline for parents to submit an appeal if they wish their appeal to be heard by 22 July 2017.
19 May 2017 - Second offer date
- Offers will be made on Friday 19 May 2017 for applications received between Monday 16 January and Tuesday 2 May 2017.
June 2017 onwards
- Primary admission appeals take place.
- Your child starts primary school.
Supplementary Information Forms (SIFs)
If you are applying to certain schools for religious reasons you will need to submit an appropriate Supplementary Information Form (SIF) to the school by the deadline.
In the case of University of Cambridge Primary School, if you are applying for this school under Pupil Premium criterion, you will need to complete the relevant form (found via link above) and submit it to the school.
You should also submit your application form for a place at a school to Cambridgeshire County Council’s School Admissions Team by Friday 15 January 2017 in the normal way.
Special Educational Needs
If your child has had extra support in their school, but does not have a Statement of Special Educational Needs / Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP), you will need to follow the secondary school admissions process. This is also the case if your child is undergoing assessment.
If your child has a Statement of Special Educational Needs / Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP), your Casework Officer from the Statutory Assessment and Resources Team (START) will contact you to explain the application process for your child.
For more information, please view our pages on Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (Local Offer).
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 0345 045 1370
Fax: 01223 727 941