Apply for a secondary school place
If your child was born between 1 September 2007 and 31 August 2008, they are due to transfer to Year 7 at secondary school in September 2019. You must make an application for your child's secondary school place.
- The first and second admissions rounds have now closed - letters were posted on the 24 April for the second round offers. See our admissions timetable.
- We are now processing late applications on a first come, first served basis until 31 August 2019.
- Places are now limited - we recommend you still use your catchment school as one of your three preferences, even if it is full.
- If your circumstances or personal details in your application have changed since making your application in round one or two, please email [email protected].
Late applications or changing your preferences
- From 1 April you must make your application using the form below. The closing date for late applications is 31 August 2019.
- Apply as soon as possible, as places are allocated on a first come first served basis. We aim to process applications within ten school days.
- Information on how places were allocated at each secondary school for September 2019, as well as which schools were oversubscribed or have places remaining, can be found on our school allocation information page.
- You can also use the form below if you applied during the first or second round and wish to change your school place preferences. This will make your previous application and offer void.
Before you apply, we recommend that you read our Next Steps booklet. This explains the application process from start to finish. The booklet also contains a list of all the secondary schools in Cambridgeshire, along with their catchment areas and allocation criteria.
Size: 878.38 KB File format: pdf
|Date applications will be accepted from||Closing date for applications||Date offers will be made|
|First round of applications (closed)||12 September 2018||31 October 2018||1 March 2019|
|Second round of applications (closed)||1 November 2018||31 March 2019||24 April 2019|
|Late applications (open)||1 April 2019||31 August 2019||Processed as first come, first served.|
Full details of our timescales, how we process applications and make an offer are in the ‘Next Steps’ booklet.
Further help and information
Please use our enquiry form and select school admissions from the drop down menu
Free school meals
Help with school and learning costs
Ofsted inspection reports
Ofsted parent view
Department for Education - performance tables
Department for Education - school admissions code