Due to the current pressures on the team during the COVID-19 pandemic, some applications are taking over the 10 day working policy to process. We are working through a backlog, so please allow additional time to receive a response to your application.
Pre-16 school transport
Some school children may be entitled to free school transport. To qualify, your child must meet all of the following criteria:
- live within the area where Cambridgeshire is the local council
- be registered at his or her designated* school
- be in or above the school year when they will pass their fifth birthday
- live more than 2 miles (primary) or 3 miles (secondary) from their school
- be able to complete the journey in less than 45 minutes (primary) or 1 hour 15 minutes (secondary)
Apply for school transport
If your child is starting primary or secondary school in September 2020 for the first time and you believe they meet the above criteria, you will need to complete an application for transport assistance using the button below. In order to guarantee your child's arrangements are in place in time for September, please make sure you apply before the end of the summer term.
You will receive information about bus allocation and a timetable with your child's bus pass.
If you have read all the information and believe you need to complete an application form, please click the button below.
- seats are issued on a first come first served basis and are subject to availability
- seats are only made available one term at a time
- the issue of a ticket does not guarantee that the place will be available in future terms
- the Council cannot guarantee to give advance warning of seats becoming unavailable
- applications must be received after the start of the half term holiday before the beginning of the term you are applying for
- spare seats are only available on school contract buses, and pupils would be expected to get to an existing bus stop
Applications need to be made termly for spare seats.
Lost, stolen or damaged travel pass
If you have lost your travel pass, or it has been damaged, be advised there is a charge of £8.50. A stolen travel pass will be replaced free of charge, when you supply a valid Police Incident Number.
Behaviour on a school bus
All pupils who use transport provided by the Council are expected to abide by the Travel Code of Conduct. Pupils who fail to abide by the Code of Conduct when using transport provided by the Council may be banned from using the transport for a set period. It will become the responsibility of the pupil's parent, carer or guardian to arrange transport to and from school for this period of time.