Accessibility Options

Contact us (including compliments, suggestions and complaints)

Before contacting us please try searching our website, you should be able to find most things you need and will obtain a quicker answer. Otherwise please use our online contact form below.

You can use the form to:

  • enquire about Council services
  • provide feedback and make a service complaint
  • update your details or circumstances

Contact us 

When you will receive a response

You will only receive a response if requested. Responses will be within the timescales as described on our Customer Service Charter and Standards page.


If you contact us online we aim to reply to all queries within 5 working days; however for complaints this will be within 10 working days to allow time for investigation (Adult Social Care complaints are responded to within 20 working days. Children complaints can also take 20 days but the customer will be informed if this is the case)

When you are not happy about a county council policy or process (rather than how we have applied that policy or process) this is known as a representation. This does not mean the policy or process will be immediately investigated and changed. However, if we receive a significant number of similar representations and it is within our power and responsibilities as a county council we will consider investigating the concerns being raised.

Unsatisfied with the response to your complaint

If you are not satisfied with the response you can ask for a senior manager to review it. You can do this by contacting the person who responded to your initial complaint.

If the senior manager's response does not satisfy you, you may ask the Chief Executive of the County Council to review your case. The Chief Executive, or delegated senior officer, will then investigate and will aim to respond within 10 working days. If they are not able to provide a full response within 10 working days then they will inform you and give a date by which you can expect a full response.

The Chief Executive's or the delegated officer's decision will be the final response from the County Council.

If you are not satisfied after the council has considered your complaint, you can ask the Local Government Ombudsman to investigate. The Local Government Ombudsman is completely independent of the council.

Did you find this information useful?

Website Feedback